Applications and the required proposal materials must be submitted through the AAR Grant Application Submission System.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required proposal materials, all of which must be compiled into one, single document in either PDF or Word format:
- Cover Page
- AAR Region
- Project Title
- Grant Type: Individual or Collaborative
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s Institutional Affiliation (if applicable)
- For Collaborative Projects: Collaborator Names and Contact Information
- Requested Grant Amount (USD)
- Project Abstract: 150 word description of the project.
- Project Proposal: A narrative description (no more than 1000 words) of the project detailing how the project promises to benefit the scholarly and professional life of AAR members and the work of the region.
- Project Statement: A statement on how the project or activities may be adapted to other regional groups or a brief explanation of why the project is region-specific.
- Project Timeline: A clear timeline for the completion of the grant project. Please note that projects are to be completed within the award year, unless other arrangements have been made with the AAR Office.
- Project Budget: A detailed budget, including any office expenses, travel expenses, honoraria, stipend, and other expenses.
Additional, supplementary materials cannot be accepted.
Late, emailed, or incomplete application and/or required proposal materials cannot be accepted.
All eligible grant proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by a jury comprised of the AAR Regions Director and two Regionally-Elected Coordinators using the following criteria:
- Benefit to Scholarly and Professional Life
- Benefit to Region
- Replicability Across Regions
Winner Notification and Expectations
- Notification of application status is typically sent to the applicant in January.
- For awarded collaborative projects, the Project Director will receive all grant correspondence for the group.
- For awarded projects, expenses can be undertaken anytime within the award year.
- Grantees must maintain AAR membership throughout the grant period.
- For awarded projects, checks will be issued to the grantee. For awarded collaborative projects, the grant check will be issued to Project Director.
- By January 31 of the following calendar year, grant recipients must submit the required grant reports.
Grant recipients must submit the following reports by January 31 of the following calendar year:
- A narrative description of the project/research supported by the AAR grant and outcomes
- A financial report detailing expenses
Submit an Application
To submit an application, click the button below which will take you to our online grant application submission system accessible only to AAR members.
Submit an Application