To be eligible for consideration, a completed nomination form and the following required nomination materials must be submitted through the AAR Award Nominations Portal by the deadline.
- 1) Nomination Letter: A one-page cover letter wherein the nominee should outline the nomination materials and highlight their achievements with respect to the criteria listed above.
- 2) Syllabi: Two (2) representative recent syllabi, along with supporting documentation such as descriptions of particularly effective learning activities and/or assignments.
- 3) Teaching Statement: A teaching and learning statement of no more than 1000 words in which the nominee should respond to the following:
- Describe the context in which you teach about religion and how you practice effective pedagogy therein.
- Describe the pedagogical arc and purpose of your syllabi.
- Describe a pedagogical situation where you know your students are learning.
- 4) Letters of Recommendation: Two (2) letters of recommendation from colleagues that can knowledgeably discuss the nominee’s achievements in teaching and learning about religion.
- 5) CV: A curriculum vitae of no more than three pages that fronts achievements in teaching and learning.
Nominations without the required supporting materials cannot be considered. If a letter of recommendation is coming from a non-AAR member, the person submitting the nomination will need to gather the letters of recommendations and submit them.
Due to the volume of nominations submitted, the AAR staff cannot notify the nominee and/or solicit the nominee for the supporting materials.
Late, emailed, or partial/incomplete nomination forms and/or required nomination materials cannot be accepted.
Submit a Nomination