Applicants must meet the qualifications and AAR membership eligibility requirements.
The Primary Contact must submit the application form and required materials through the online AAR Grant Application Submission System.
Hard copies, late, emailed, or incomplete applications or materials cannot be accepted.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required materials, all of which must be compiled into a single document in PDF or Word format:
- Cover Page
- Name and contact details for Primary Contact
- Primary Contact's institutional affiliation (if applicable)
- Project Title
- Names of and contact details for all project collaborators
- Requested grant amount in USD
- Project Abstract: 150-word description of the project
- Project Proposal: 500-word narrative description that clearly outlines the aims and significance of the research project; discusses the specific logistical details regarding the international collaboration; delineates the roles of each collaborator; and identifies the project’s expected outcomes.
- Project Budget: Itemized budget with amounts and a narrative explanation of expenses and an accounting of other sources of support for this project both pending and confirmed; project funds must be requested in US dollars (USD).
- Curriculum Vitae: For each collaborator, a CV of no more than one page that details previous and current grants/competitive research funding and international research travel, and lists current memberships in relevant scholarly organizations.
Any evidence in support of the proposed collaboration (e.g., a letter of invitation from a research center or library that will provide resources or facilities) may be provided but is not required.
Additional supplementary documents cannot be accepted.