Applicants should submit all of the following materials through the online submission form. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A history of AAR membership and activity (if any)
- A description of current employment status
- A statement of financial need that includes the following:
- Current income for your household (or anticipated household income at the time of the Annual Meeting)
- Estimated costs for Annual Meeting attendance (including airfare, ground transportation, parking, housing, meals, and other expenses)
- Any institutional or external travel support available to the applicant
- A list of scheduled activities at the Annual Meeting (e.g., presenting a paper, serving on a panel, seeking a position at the Employment Center), including the title and abstract of any proposals that have been accepted
- Description of the applicant’s qualifications for an award, expected contributions to the Annual Meeting, and the anticipated benefits of attendance for scholarship and vocation
- Curriculum Vitae
In addition, candidates may choose to supply a letter of support from a current or former colleague, employer, advisor, or AAR Program Unit Chair.