The Academy Series is devoted to publishing books that originate as dissertations in the field of religious studies. The series seeks to reflect the full range of cultural areas and methodological approaches in the field.
To be eligible for consideration, manuscripts must be based on dissertations defended within two years of submission. The series does not publish unrevised dissertations. Candidates are urged to begin the process of revision before submission.
To be considered, a manuscript must be nominated by the dissertation advisor or a member of the dissertation committee. The nominating letter should address the following questions:
- To what measure is the manuscript technically competent?
- Why is it a genuine contribution to scholarship within its field?
- Why is it of sufficiently wide interest to be suitable for publication in book form?
The letter should also contain at least three suggestions for readers who are competent to review the work.
If the nominated work is accepted for consideration, the series editor will inform the author, who should then submit:
- A current curriculum vitae
- An abstract of the manuscript (200–300 words)
- A digital copy of the manuscript
Inquiries and nominations should be addressed to the series editor:
Department of Religion
Rice Hall 326
10 N. Professor Street
Oberlin, OH, 44074
E-mail: [email protected]