Applicants must meet the qualifications and AAR membership eligibility requirements.
To ensure that the AAR membership eligibility requirements have been met, applicants can check their AAR membership record by contacting AAR Membership at [email protected].
Applicants must submit their application form and required materials through the online AAR grant application submission system.
Hard copies, late, emailed, or incomplete applications or materials cannot be accepted.
Applications can be submitted in English or in French.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required materials, all of which must be compiled into a single document in PDF or Word format:
- Completed Application Form
- Cover Page
- Project Title
- Name and contact details for Primary Contact
- Names of and contact details for all project collaborators
- Requested grant amount in USD
- A 150-word Project Abstract
- 500-word Narrative Proposal: clearly outlines the aims and significance of the research project; discusses the specific logistical details regarding the international collaboration; delineates the roles of each collaborator; and identifies the project’s expected outcomes
- One-page Project Budget: includes a short narrative explanation of relevant expenses and an accounting of other sources of support for this project, both pending and confirmed; project funds must be requested in US dollars (USD)
- One-page Curriculum Vitae for each collaborator: details previous and current grants/competitive research funding and international research travel, and lists current memberships in relevant scholarly organizations
- Full contact information for two references for each of the collaborators
Any evidence in support of the proposed collaboration (e.g., a letter of invitation from a research center or library that will provide resources or facilities) may be provided but is not required.
Additional supplementary documents cannot be accepted.