All submissions must include the following materials:
- A one-page cover letter wherein the nominee should outline the nomination materials and highlight their achievements with respect to the criteria listed above.
- Two representative recent syllabi, along with supporting documentation such as descriptions of particularly effective learning activities and/or assignments.
- A teaching and learning statement of no more than 1000 words in which the nominee should respond to the following:
- Describe the context in which you teach about religion and how you practice effective pedagogy therein.
- Describe the pedagogical arc and purpose of your syllabi.
- Describe a pedagogical situation where you know your students are learning.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from colleagues that can knowledgeably discuss the nominee’s achievements in teaching and learning about religion.
- A curriculum vitae of no more than three pages that fronts achievements in teaching and learning.
Nominations, and any information in support of them, must be received by the deadline. Partial submissions will not be accepted. Nomination materials may be mailed or submitted electronically through the online form provided.
If mailing nomination materials, send to:
Katie Geneva Cannon Excellence in Teaching Award
Attention: Marchell Jackson
American Academy of Religion
825 Houston Mill RD NE
Atlanta, GA 30329-4205