2007 Annual Meeting Wabash Student Luncheon RSVP
The Wabash Center and the AAR Graduate Student Committee cordially invite all AAR and SBL students attending the Annual Meeting in San Diego to gather with experienced faculty to share conversation about teaching in small groups on Sunday, November 18, 2007, from 11:45 AM to 1:00 PM. The session number is A18-132. A lunch will be provided.
The purpose of the luncheon is to provide a welcoming, hospitable, and safe space in which small groups of advanced graduate students can sit around a lunch table and engage an experienced faculty member in a focused discussion about their imminent transition to a career in teaching. A few of the questions include: What has influenced your choice to become a teacher? What opportunities have you had to develop your teaching skills? What challenges do you face? What kind of assistance are you looking for? What lies ahead in your transition to teaching?
Therefore we ask that you:
- Register for this program when you have reached the final year or two of your graduate career. We have every intention to continue convening this very popular event each year.
- Please consider whether your conference schedule will allow you to commit your full attention to the table discussion. If you cannot arrive on time and stay through the entire session, or if you will be rushing off immediately afterward to give a paper or to sit down for a job interview, your anxiety will detract from what you and others at your table will be able to gain from the event.
- Don't sign up a second time if you have already attended this event in past years since space is limited.
- Attend if you sign-up. Seating is assigned in advance, so if you register and do not attend, your presence will be missed.
- Attendance is limited to the first 50 students who sign up. Please limit enrollment to five students per institution. Overflow registration is accepted in case of cancellations or late arrivals.
Deadline to sign up is Wednesday, November 15, 2:00 PM Eastern Time. Contact Davina Lopez, Student Director, email@example.com with questions.
The Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning is fully funded by Lilly Endowment, Inc. The Center seeks to enhance the teaching and learning of theology and religion in higher education settings in the U.S. and Canada
The system for adding or removing one's name is available only to members of the AAR who are listed as students in the AAR member directory. If you wish to attend but you are a member of SBL or are unable to access the AAR student record, please contact Myesha Jenkins, firstname.lastname@example.org, to add your name to the list.
Wabash Luncheon RSVP List